Zach's [college] DD Build/Timeline

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah man it sucks! I guess I havent seen it before since it soaked into the carpet. Luckily it doesn't look like too much water..that was about it in the pic

But thats a good idea, Ill run the hose over it. Something to do tomorrow lol. Thanks!

iRockEK

I had the same problem with my trunk. I just went silicon crazy

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
And btw about how far are your front mudflaps from the ground?
Yeah I might have to too, but Hopefully it's nothing too major and easy to track down. it's too hot today lol.

I just went and measured for you though and the mudflaps are 1.5". I haven't cut them or anything

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Man your car looks so clean. I miss having a white car. White looks so damn good on civics.

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Man your car looks so clean. I miss having a white car. White looks so damn good on civics.
Thanks man, that means a lot. I love white too though, its got such good contrast, your red coupe isn't bad at all though!

Got an alignment at BelleTire today. Interesting. I had to take my lip off the front so they could get it on the machine.

I watched them as they were able to fix the toe, and I got the printout of the camber specs. 1.3 in the fronts, and 2.8 in the rear. So.. not horrible I don't think. I'll want that for some wider wheels in a little bit haha. Not sure if it was worth $74, but if it'll help me sleep better lol..

Here's a pic I got with my phone:

Gonna try and trace down the trunk leak in a bit.

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The more I've been looking at my car, I feel like I need to raise the back like 1/4" or lower the front 1/4" or so. It feels lower than the front to me. But I'm not sure yet. I just hate when the rear is lower than the front.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My cars not bad but I wish it was white. You are now officially a low and slow member my friend.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good! U just need different wheels :what:

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The more I've been looking at my car, I feel like I need to raise the back like 1/4" or lower the front 1/4" or so. It feels lower than the front to me. But I'm not sure yet. I just hate when the rear is lower than the front.
U may have to raise the rear due to the front coil having stiffer spring rates and the rear having a softer spring rate. So if u made each coil even by counting the threads it could cause the rear to be lower then the front. But I don't know what are your spring rates but just raise the rear till it sites how you want.

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My cars not bad but I wish it was white. You are now officially a low and slow member my friend.
Yours isn't bad at all man, but hahaha, thanks, its pretty low, and definitely slow LOL.

U may have to raise the rear due to the front coil having stiffer spring rates and the rear having a softer spring rate. So if u made each coil even by counting the threads it could cause the rear to be lower then the front. But I don't know what are your spring rates but just raise the rear till it sites how you want.
Thats a good thought for sure. I haven't driven the car in a day or 2 and it is now definitely settled in the rear. I'll have to raise it (or lower not sure yet) when I get back. I think the rates are 10k front, and 8k rear. So not too soft but not harsh either.

Its an easy fix at least!

Looks good! U just need different wheels :what:
Thanks! I've been looking into some wheels this whole past week, I'm just not sure what I want yet...theres so many different options. So its tough to decide.

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I couldn't find the source of the trunk leak yesterday either. Had the hose running on it, and nothing was leaking anywhere! Not sure what to do yet about that.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I couldn't find the source of the trunk leak yesterday either. Had the hose running on it, and nothing was leaking anywhere! Not sure what to do yet about that.
It's probably one of those leaks that has to sit awhile before it leaks in.

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's probably one of those leaks that has to sit awhile before it leaks in.
Probably, which blows, but Ill just have to keep checking it I guess.

Really like where this is going. Go lower please! :D
haha thanks man, I do have to adjust it since the rear has settled, but I haven't decided to either lower the front, or raise the back, so we'll see lol.:thumbs up

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just got back from VA yesterday morning, and had a good time. Saw a TON of integras down there, they were everywhere!

Bad news is my DSLR camera broke while I was there, so until I can fix that I'll have to use my iPhone's camera...which luckily isn't too bad.

I had ordered new replacement led license plate bulbs from superbrightleds.com and they arrived while I was gone, so I put them in. They look pretty good, oddly enough, they are more dim than the ebay junk I was using before.. but I like it not as bright.

Old on the left, new on the right:

I got carried away on the website and ordered led reverse lights as well. The reverse lights were the only ones that were still traditional whitish yellow bulb color, which always kinda bugged me.

Old on the left, new on the right:

The reverse lights are well.. interesting. I kept the old bulbs just in case I start to hate the new ones. THey are bright, but you can see the bulb easily in the taillight during the day. Just a minor, obsessive issue lol.

I also ended up raising the rear 3mm to level it out again. Looks better, but I'll probably have to adjust it all again when I pick out some wheels and tires.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice I had those LEDs on my last civic, I liked them. It's gonna take some time finding that perfect height it always does.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Clean so far IMO :thumbs up. Not really a fan of painted hub caps though ;) (don't worry, I used to want to do that too).

And it's nice to see a fellow retrofitter! :like: Night and day difference eh? eBay ballasts/bulbs or TRS? I have the xB35 bulbs and morimoto ballasts. After the bulbs got some hours into em, they were noticeably brighter than the previous DDM Tuning kit I had.

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice I had those LEDs on my last civic, I liked them. It's gonna take some time finding that perfect height it always does.
Yeah they are nice, not too bright, just a nice whitish blue. But definitely. I swear I always want to keep adjusting it lol, I wish my driveway was flat so it would be easier to check.

Clean yo!
Thanks!

Clean so far IMO :thumbs up. Not really a fan of painted hub caps though ;) (don't worry, I used to want to do that too).

And it's nice to see a fellow retrofitter! :like: Night and day difference eh? eBay ballasts/bulbs or TRS? I have the xB35 bulbs and morimoto ballasts. After the bulbs got some hours into em, they were noticeably brighter than the previous DDM Tuning kit I had.
Thanks! But yeah, I've had people here tell me it was weird too, personally I like the white on the white better than the original peely silver or steelies, but they'll work til I get rims real soon.. Still can't decide what to get..

But yessir! I actually used your tutorial :thumbup: But yeah, it really is crazy, I used to always use my fog lights at night for more light, but now I regret having them because I never use them. Its so bright and even i love it.

I'm running the DDM 35w raptor kit. I haven't used anything else but DDM (I had DDM's 8000k, prior to the retro) so i have nothing else to compare to, but I sure was tempted to get the TRS kit a few months ago when I did it... DDM's price won :oops: