EJ6 Turbo Build

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Thanks hopefully i will have her aligned tomorrow or monday and ill make short video

scarhead92

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my dream of a boosted sedan are dead for now. lets get this build moving ahha in for the ride man

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Well turns out i need a new tie rod outer only on my passenger side. I also have to get some new boots and repacjk my cv joints while im down there

emerican

Registered VIP
^ not good you can order a new one though
it is possible to get them off without it, but it usually f**ks something up

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Ehh no clue what brand they are. I have had them since before i got this car. Going to head to Sears today. Think they have something to get them off.

scarhead92

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no wheel nut key sounds like get new lugs nuts. just use a vicegrip on the ones that are locked down.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
I got them off today with a bolt breaker socket. That was a huge pain in the ass. Anyways hopefully can work on her tomorrow

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Well went to change out my passenger outer tie rod today before i continue little ranting is needed f**k this pos bull s**t f**knugget crap pile underneath my car ok back to story could not get the castle nut off. Ended up stripping it completely after doing that got dremel out and went to work on cutting it off. I got it all cut off and i got her loose in the back. Well for the life of me i tried everything i had to get her off. Ohhh no the stud portion is completely jammed in there. Finally said f**k it put tire back on tried few small launches to see if it would break free. No luck so now it is just sitting there until i find a new way. Only thing i didnt try is ball joing seperator. Just did not care about buying or renting one. Atleadt the launches were fun

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did u take the pin out of the end before u took the castle nut off?

Since u r replacing tie rods u can just hammer them out. Go get a seperator and go to town.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Yeah tried hammering believe me i tried for atleast 2 hours getting this b***h out. Its just jammed in there right now somehow. Ill take some pics tomorrow. It's loosened up from the inner tie rod already that was easy. I dont know what the deal is i figure if i cant get ball joint spreader tomorrow going to find me a cutting torch. This this has just entirely aggravated the s**t out of me.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok man but im telling u u can knock em out with a hammer. I just did it on a toyota pickup.