Hendo's DD project- The EH

eddiev23

hey bro wat type of spray paint did u use for ur wiper blades and backside of ur mirror and window trim..... by the way its coming along great.... subscribed...

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey bro wat type of spray paint did u use for ur wiper blades and backside of ur mirror and window trim..... by the way its coming along great.... subscribed...
Thanks mang. Straight up Rustoleum flat black enamel. Gave everything a little swipe with some 220 grit sandpaper and did about ten light coats 5 minutes apart. Looks so much better, $3.50 well spent lol

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Parts parts parts. Hood hinge, trim, door handle and new cylinder locks.

Guess which trim piece is new? lmao

And I'm hoping I'll like my passenger side mirror just as much as my clock when it finally gets here..

Wife keeps spittin some bullshit about paying off debt. s**t. I just did hours 59 to 68 today for the week, and I'm going to have to do another 7-8 on Monday, just to catch up to square one for next week. I'd do it tomorrow instead if I didn't have a wedding to go to. Daddy's gonna need a big reward for keeping this pace, I'm thinking a set of Enkei 15s for the rubber thats been sitting in my garage for the past month. And a front strut bar. And maybe some new speakers to replace the blown-as-hell rear ones. We'll see. If I keep working 8 to 8 tho I won't have any frikkin TIME to spend the money XD

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've got four Kenwood speakers for sale. They sound pretty good. Fronts are small and the rears are 6x5 i think. Not sure. I'll lhave tto look em up. If yyou're still interested in the exhaust, i haven't been able to get it off yet.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I am an Infinity fan, good sir, but thanks for the offer. Gotta get rid of the crap JVC head unit in there too, I may get into the audio in this car since I'm going to be using it for work and doing 20-30k miles a year in it. Couple of amps, maybe pull the spare tire and mount a sub in the board. Idk yet. Not like I have time to do it right now, and next week is looking crazy busy too. Sold my ricey Altezza tails on ebay last week and I've been so busy I haven't even been able to stop and ship em. Paid for a passenger mirror and a fuse access panel, fair trade in my opinion lol

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Before:

After:

That was one of the most annoying things about the car. I hated backing into my driveway without a mirror on that side. Unfortunately it was a power mirror I picked up (forgot to ask) from a cc member, but the interior block-off plate plugs right into the connector, which is pretty sweet. And it's not like I'll need to adjust the mirror once it's set. Overall, pretty happy with the purchase. I took apart the interior door handles and both of the plastic loops the lock rod hooks onto are snapped off. So it looks like two new interior handles to go with the exterior handle. Dammit.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking good so far! Check out vision amber corners for some better fitting ones. If you could take some pics of installing the cylinder locks that'd be great, may have to do it on my car.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
New inside handles and cases ordered up from Majestic today. Might as well do everything at the same time and only take the doors apart once. This weeks check is going to be relatively weak sauce again, I can't wait till the billing cycles get caught up to the amount of work I've been doing for the last 6 weeks.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, so, the stereo sounds just a little better...

20 year old economy car speakers, not so good lol

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Two new inside door handles and a bunch of fasteners and grommets from Majestic (everything I ordered on Friday came in):

Love me some old new stock =)

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
First oil change was successful, I've since rolled over 210k. Next up, new battery and an alternator belt. And taking the doors apart and getting all those new parts in there. Work might be slowing down some next week. I kinda hope it doesn't cuz I'm pilin' and stackin, but I could use a little break from these 12 hour days, 6 days a week.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What is it with me and exhausts?

I'm sure it's just Michigan winters, but somehow I feel responsible lol. Doin it right though:

The welds are like half an inch fat. They're pretty much flush on the piece of crap I took off. I'm hoping this new one willl last a while. I don't get it, it was only $10 more than a parts store hunk of crap, and the car is practically silent now except for the shitty throwout bearing.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So perhaps replacing the exhaust was somewhat... premature. Gonna need a new exhaust to fit.. say... a GSR swap?? XD

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh, the trigger has been pulled on the swap. =) Paying for it on Monday, arranging for the shipping later in the week. So my diabolic plans are now: GSR swap the 92, use the Y7 sweetie in the 91 as I take my time with the Z6 build. Going to have some questions about that one in the engine forum lol

Wtf? How does this happen?

So $40 later..

And we good again. Stupid pulley would wobble and screech when I cold started it. No more. Has to be in good shape for its new (temporary) home in the 91 XD

TheIMightyHutch

My VTEC Has An E
Nice build so far, You and I have similar tastes sir. Ive been contemplating a GSR swap in my 95 for some time now. Though I like not having a passenger side mirror! ;) Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice build so far, You and I have similar tastes sir. Ive been contemplating a GSR swap in my 95 for some time now. Though I like not having a passenger side mirror! ;) Looking forward to seeing your progress.
Thanks! Every car I've ever had has had a passenger side rear view, it was a jarring change I couldn't get used to in the month I had the car like that lol

And I'll letcha know about the GSR motor. People seem to like em though, I doubt I'll be any different lol

TheIMightyHutch

My VTEC Has An E
Yeah I took a while to get used to, now it feels odd to drive a car with a passenger side mirror. Cant wait to hear what you have to say about it.