Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:D

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Motor is at my buddy's shop. Remember this guy?

Gonna go at it on Friday. He's got the tools, I've got the will.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Tomorrow! Gonna have some pics on Saturday =)

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, here it is :D

Yeah buddy. Couldn't do anything with it though, my man Bill was full up Friday. Next week it is. XD

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
That gsr is gonna shake all the rust out of that bucket lol. But you can only do so much up north I guess. I really like that none of the cars around here rust.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That gsr is gonna shake all the rust out of that bucket lol. But you can only do so much up north I guess. I really like that none of the cars around here rust.
There'd be nothing left of the car if it were going into the 91 lol, but it's going into the 92. It's already had metal replaced/been repainted once, it's nowhere near as bad. My man had a Sherman catalog in the office at his shop, I'm already looking at replacement panels. Both front fenders are fine, there's a little rust along the bottom of the drivers door, but it's gonna need two new rear quarters, like every other frikkin' Honda in Michigan. But I've pulled the winter beater out of the garage in prep for this weeks hunting trip:

This thing is truly a beast. 320k miles and despite sitting since the end of August, it fired right up, no drama, no problem. Hopefully I can keep the rust away from the Civics post-bodywork by garaging them for the winter. I just hate the 20 mpg this thing gets.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alright, progress. The oldness:

Empty!

Teh new hotness:

Axles in, cat out!

Wiring left, then gonna fire it up tomorrow. :D

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Pics kinda suck, but I don't blame you. I wouldn't want to stop to take pictures either haha. Anyway, looking pretty good. I may have missed it, but how much did you get the swap for?

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
$1500. Came with:

• 1994 GSR (P72) engine
• 1996 LS transmission (hydraulic)
• Every single engine sensor (nothing missing)
• Skunk2 intake manifold
• Distributor (GSR)
• Engine Harness
• Injectors
• Axles
• Chipped P28 ECU (crome tuning software) w/ Launch Control
• Headers 4-2-1
• Innovative Engine mounts
• Integra Radiator with both fans
• Starter
• Alternator
• Hoses (they are all pretty new)
• New head gasket
• New water pump
• New oil pump
• Throttle body
• Ignition Wires
• Shift Linkage
• Clutch and Flywheel (stage 2 clutch)

Got it off of unix4linux, he had it up for sale for a month or two. Finally got the skrilla together and now I'm working on getting it running right. It's locked up in my buddy's shop until Monday and he's going out of town so it'll take a bit before we're back at it lol

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well it was for sale on here for over a month, ya'll coulda had it for that price +$400 shipping too lol. The ONLY thing I needed to get was a rear mount bracket, other than that everything came with it.

It's running kinda weird, not sure what the issue is. The ECU has launch control and it won't rev above 3500 at a standstill, but even when it was moving it wouldn't rev above 3500 and the speedo wasn't working. After about ten minutes, suddenly the speedo started working and it'd rev right up to 8k, even at a standstill. So I imagine there's a wire crossed or somethings loose, so let the troubleshooting begin! XD

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Majestic honda dot com. They can be a little slow on occasion (like a week to ten days) but their prices are wholesale.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Disconnected vacuum hose, plugged it in and it runs fine now. Ordered up a Yonaka catback for the moment, I'll upgrade later but for now just need something high flow. It definitely feels like it has more to give and the soda straw on the stock muffler isn't cutting it lol

CivicxTree754

Registered VIP
Very nice...im late to this build but same good stuff. Cant wait to see better pics. I def remember that other guy from the turbo rebuild! lol

unix4linux

Hendo,

The swap is looking good. Sorry I haven't posted here in a bit. I have been caught up myself. I am glad you found that it was a vacuum line.

Now on with troubleshooting the vtec and temp sensor. Let me know how I can help. I know you have my number but I will post here as well as respond to you via phone to keep the board informed of your progress and issues/resolutions.

And for the rest, yes....he got a heck of a deal on the price...I was kind...LOL

unix4linux

Hendo,

As mentioned on the phone. Check your pin at the ECU level. You should have the Solenoid going to A4 and the Oil Pressure Switch going to D6. Don't forget to have proper ground for the switch somewhere on the engine. I used my ground on the metal of the clutch slave cylinder, since it's metal and not aluminum.

When I get home, I'll post some pics up for you here