Mansers 96 Gsr Swapped Si Slow Build

Manser

Sorry about not updating often, but like I said, its gonna be a slow build, and funds are tight around xmas because I have to buy gifts and whantot, but in saying that, I do have a small update.. Bought some "new-to-me" winter tires(about 80%thread left) from a buddy of mine. They came with steelies and hubcaps for 150$ so I couldnt complain. I also removed the stock airbox itself because it wasnt fitted properly to the intake because of the gsr swap(filter box wasnt long enough to reach the airbox piping) and I also rewired my fog lights and tucked the wire away so it is minimaly visible. Pics:
Winter stance.
[/IMG]
Winter wheels.
[/IMG]
Lots of wheel gap... :(
[/IMG]
4X4 status.. :( (Not very noticeable though because my driveway is slanted upwards)
[/IMG]
This is an old picture, but if you look closely in the bottom left hand corner you can see the red wire for my fogs and a blakc pipe with a cloth in it(stock airbox pipeing). That pipe and the wires are now removed/hidden.
[/IMG]

I am also contemplating removing my cruise control and my power steering, however a few of my buddys have advised me not too because it is a nice feature to have.. Ive driven many cars without power steering before and it doesnt bother me, just wondering what yur guys' input was on that? Should I remove it or should I leave it? Thoughts please!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ this is upsetting
no, color matched bay looks way cleaner. i want to match mine

its sad to see that you spent all this money on legitimate parts, but then your going to buy cheap replica wheels...ruins it

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^lol ppl who talk crap about replica rims make me laugh especially for a kid that already says he only makes $250 every paycheck AND is trying to go to a 4 yr college. I say get whichever ones you want and if you get a better job and make bank you can throw down 1600 on some volks or something if that's really what you want. and sell the old $500 rotas (or whatever) for $400 lol

Also you dont need no hybrid intake, I have the normal GSR aem short ram on my GSR engine and it mounts fine in my EG. As for cruise control, if you hooked it up and it works then its up to u whether you want to remove it or not. I'd keep power steering though, since you already have the rack and all that you might as well.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^lol ppl who talk crap about replica rims make me laugh especially for a kid that already says he only makes $250 every paycheck AND is trying to go to a 4 yr college. I say get whichever ones you want and if you get a better job and make bank you can throw down 1600 on some volks or something if that's really what you want. and sell the old $500 rotas (or whatever)
did you see how much he spent on stuff from pwjdm? around 2 grand. you can get real wheels for less than 1600. you can get them used, that look practically new for around a grand, with tires even if you look right. to just buy all these quality higher quality parts and then to do that.

i compare it to fully building a motor and buying and ebay turbo kit. why?

Manser

did you see how much he spent on stuff from pwjdm? around 2 grand. you can get real wheels for less than 1600. you can get them used, that look practically new for around a grand, with tires even if you look right. to just buy all these quality higher quality parts and then to do that.

i compare it to fully building a motor and buying and ebay turbo kit. why?
In saying that, what do you reccomend I get for rims? And where should I look? Keep in mind I do live in Canada and have to pay hefty shipping for no matter what I buy.. But I would like to have a nice set of wheels.. What did you have in mind? I'm always up for someone else's input. Also, what do you classify as a "replica" wheel and a "non-replica" wheel...? (may be a noob question, but I always thought rims were rims...)
Id love to buy these but cant justify spending 1800 on rims without tires.. But I do love them.. :yummy:

Just give me your guys' feedback on what you think would look good on my car and if you know of any good sites where I can find decently priced used rims let me know please!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
replica comanies are companies like rota, stance, xxr, sportmaxx. um vrwheels.com has wheels, vwvortex int he 4x100 section. you can find them on almost any forum and im sure there are wheels in canada. craigslist also if you guys have something like that. just gotta search around

Manser

Alright, ill keep my eyes out.. I might just do like Mistahjuice said though and buy the stance mindsets for the time being, and then paint my car and do other things to it(99-00 front end conversion, lips, paint, tune up, etc) and then after im done everything else buy expensive wheels..

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey man. whatever floats your boat. your car, your decisions. was just saying you invested a lot, so why stop on the wheels. but thats a good plan.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yikes man you're getting ripped off... I don't understand why people buy from PasswordJDM. Most of the stuff they sell isn't so great, especially for the prices they charge, ouch.

Looks good and all but do more research before whipping our your credit card.

Manser

yikes man you're getting ripped off... I don't understand why people buy from PasswordJDM. Most of the stuff they sell isn't so great, especially for the prices they charge, ouch.

Looks good and all but do more research before whipping our your credit card.
Yeah, I noticed that after.. I was going through someones thread one night and found a link to a site called "jhpusa"(jdm honda parts u.s.a i believe) and I found most of the same parts I had ordered for cheaper.. Does anyone know anything about that site? Is it a good company to deal with? Are they reliable? What are some companies that you guys recommend ordering from? Feedback pleaseeee.:D

Manser

No ffedback I guess... Just a small update, car went into the garage again today.. Mechanic said he though it was only a balljoint so hopefully it won't cost me too much.. Anyhow, I recently decided I was going to buy the stance mindset wheels(gold with polished lip) when I get the money. Picture of the rims below.

And heres just a picture of a civic with the rims on it(15x8's).

Now the question is, do I go with 15x8's or 16x8's? Feedback would be appreciated :D

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, I noticed that after.. I was going through someones thread one night and found a link to a site called "jhpusa"(jdm honda parts u.s.a i believe) and I found most of the same parts I had ordered for cheaper.. Does anyone know anything about that site? Is it a good company to deal with? Are they reliable? What are some companies that you guys recommend ordering from? Feedback pleaseeee.:D
jhpusa is a good company to go through. I've bought from them for years. I like to go through icbmotorsports (jdmland.com) and evasive motorsports for most of my stuff though

Manser

don't get the stance mindset wheels. a buddy of mine bought some for his eg hatch and he hated them.
May I ask why he hated them? Like was it because of the way they were designed or was it looks? Like what was the reason he hated them?

Manser

Konig Candys are on sale for 399$ through JHPUSA. Whats your guys' imput on this? Should I order some or hold off for soemthing else? The sales only on till December 26th so i'd really like some imput on this guys... PLEASSEEEEEE!!:D:D:D

Manser

Well, Santa came and he sure did love me this christmas.. Ended up getting new wipers, a few cleaning supplies, a Kenwood deck and some spare cash. Also my girlfriend's mom got an immaculate deal on a bluetooth(she payed 304 tax in for it) so she bought me one for xmas. So that'll go great with the new deck(bluetooth compatible:lol: ) ANDDDDDDDD, I ended up getting roughly 500$ for christmas and I already had some of my own money saved up and I came across a good deal on Konig Candy's on JHPUSA so I ordered myself a set of white ones with a polished lip (15x7.5, +30) and also a set of 20 Muteki SR48 Red Chrome Lug Nuts. Anyhowwwww, onto the pics..
Just a little bit of my christmas money..

Deck that Santa brought me(Kenwood Excelon KDC- X595 with usb,aux,bluetooth,etc)

Still havent removed the plastic cover but the deck should be in my car tomorrow afternoon sometime(I'll post pics of the finished product)

Lug nuts I ordered with my money.

Hopeful stance someday..