Nathan's EE4

Decipher

Registered VIP
Damn. If I'm not doing s**t I might think about riding up. That's a bit of a haul though... 200 miles round trip.

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
yaa its under a mile from my parking lot to the other parking lot where the meet is lol and IDK what the turn out will be

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
FML, wheel studes made it here (THANKS TO MITCH AT QSRACE.COM for the sponsorship!!!!)

back wheels went on fine.

front wheel was going on till I started to tighten the lug nuts down and I noticed the wheel wasnt sitting straight.... turns out the back of the wheel hub was hitting the caliper... I got them from aguy who had em on a JDM ef but they have the same size rotor and the same calipers so I was like WTF? anyway texted him and come to find out, he had DA front brakes...

da front rotors are 20mm ( i believe) bigger than EF front brakes so the caliper would clear the wheel hub by a mile.

So now I have 3 options:

1. run 10mm spacers and extended studs (16x8 +10 offset and 10mm spacers with no camber? gaaaay)

2. run hubcentric spacers(/adapter) (smallest they make for my style hub is 15mm so gaaaaay)

3. Da front brake swap. Bigger brakes = good. Cost = baaaad :( I know I need calipers, caliper supports (i think they are separate), rotors, and maybe brake hoses? Rotors and hoses are something I would want to buy new and calipers are spmething I should buy new but thats a 400 dollar + brake swap for everything new :(

so for now, Im still on stealies and I need a freakin oil change but I have no where to do it cause I'm at school and I dont trust Juffy Lube and honda is going to want a kidney and then some to do it.

:|

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
so I had been having some idle issues. I cleaned the IACV with not much improvement so I checked my plugs to discover that they were soaked in oil so I installed a new valve cover gasket set. It now idles SLIGHTLY better but the plugs and wires were soaked in oil so I dont expect much improvement till they are swapped.

Other than that, no updates :(

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
I cant believe I never posted pics of my offroad grids :|

if only the backplate didnt hit the caliper bracket on the front :(

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
updates..... car blew a coolant hose, got it fixed. Car still idles bad, fixing it. Traded rotas for rays 57c Optimize gramlights

bought a comp clutch stage 1 and act light weight flywheel today. Hopefully going in next weekend

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
so tuesday, after a 80 minute 27 mile commute back from work at night, I stopped by a grocery store to get some cough drops cause my throat was raging from a sinus infection and I came back out to my car not having dome lights, cluster lights, the lock, or head lights. luckily I was under a mile from where I park at school so I dove it back. On thursday I went out to troubleshoot and it was fixed. friday night i went to drive home for the weekend and no lights. so this morning I drove up to my uncles (he's a mechanic) and we fixed it with some ghetto rigging. Pretty sure my fuse panel is bad. anyway I also changed my plugs and plug wires and swapped out a pcv hose that had collapsed so hopefully my idle will be fixed. NExt weekend, the clutch goes in with a new flywheel and new axles with an oil change. I plan to have a pioneer deh-6300ub head unit and maybe 3 way speakers in before christmas but we'll see

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
updates: clutchmasters piss poor manufacturing left me with a clutch who's spline was too small by several thousandths. Enough to not slip over my input shaft. So ifigured, oh well I do some filing. BUTTTTT they sent me the incorrect throwout bearing. Well at least I got a flywheel right. WRONG. ACT failed to mention to my sponsor that the flywheel is only compatible with a larger pressure plate that ACT sells.

Props to Mitch at qsrace.com (my sponsor) for getting on clutchmaster and ACT's A$$. He's doing a huge help by taking care of their mistakes so I can focus on getting the OEM replacement clutch that will be here monday in.

So I have to miss work and a class on monday so I can put my car back together.

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
MoAR updates: replaced all three u joints today so the driveshaft is ready to go back in. The previous owner had velcro on the dash and a pillers for a sun screen and I removed those today. Also thought that my steering wheel had some deterioration on the bottom but turned out to be just some gunk that I scraped off with my knife and wiped clean. Also wiped my grams down real good to get the axle grease off. They really shine when theyre not dirty

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
So I got the stock clutch, got it installed, put the car back together, went to put the driveshaft back in and come to find out one of my mounting bolts was bung up and my uncle didnt have the metric die to clean it up so it is still out. good news is the car is back on the road :D