Nathan's EE4

TheHatchGuy

5+ Year Member
WAGO"VAN LOVE!
my dad had one lowered, with SSR Longchamp XR-4, :drool: but then a drunk driver sidef***ed (too massive to be a side swipe) the hatch and that was it :(

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
oooo I love those ssr's. I'm trying to trade my gram's for some ssr but I'm just not into the +10 +0 offset thing. I'd love to find some +25s. And I'm paranoid about getting hit or having someone jack the rims. I dont have vandalism, theft, or natural disaster coverage 0.o just liability. And im a safe driver so I dont think I'll ever hit anybody at a speed that it would take to total the car and have it be my fault but if any of that other stuff happens, I'm screwed. :(

also I put in a Pioneer head unit and I'm in the works of getting something quite interesting for the car ;)

emerican

Registered VIP
and what would that intresting thing be??

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
not gonna say. Its a surprise. Pretty sure I've only told 2 people total about it and I'm an active member of three different forums lol I'm just waiting to here from the guy when he gets a chance to ship and then I send payment and then its a week or two from canada (theres a hint in there *wink wink* the item isnt a USDM product/option/part)

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Nice wagovan. Looks like its in great shape. Most I see are pretty beat and rusty.

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
outta curiosity, how much did you pick ze wago'van up for, if you don't mind me asking.
lets see, I think I paid 2000 for it but it already needed u joints, an alternator, still needs a windshield, and it only took about 7k miles before it needed a clutch. So I think I have about 500 in it in parts already. I got a steal even then. i had a wanted add on a local forum. a friend of the guy who had the wagon told me he knew who had one, set me up to talk to the guy, and the guy had like 4 cars and couldnt get anymore on his insurance policy so he let it go real cheap.

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
JUST SCORED A SET OF ALL 4 CLIPS to fit my dads old yakima rack set up from his volvo he had back in the day. y17 clips. the hardest clips to find in the world and I just bought 4 brand new 8) basically got a whole yakima rack with all four towers with both cross bars and two bike racks and a ski rack for 50 bucks (cost of clips). just need to pick up a fairing and I'll be set.

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
i was going to order everything this week but the secretary where I work was on vacation last week and I didnt get my paycheck so it'll have to be next week I guess. however I have run out of time to do it while I am on winter break so I may wait till spring break to order the stuff

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
so heres my next big thing. didnt want to say anything till I was sure I was getting them:

power, heated, and BRAND NEW!!!!

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
i already got the block off plates mocked up. the sheet metal is cut, next I have to drill holes, jb weld the elevator bolts in, bondo, ruberize, figure out the gaskets and hope it all works

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
y17 clips got here today, but I found out one of the threaded parts of the rack was slightly stripped and its like 20 some degrees outside so i'm gonna pull the rack inside, tap it out, and let it sit till I get back on friday. heading up to maryland tomorrow to get a nikon d90 and then staying in my dorm till thursday so I can trade some HIDs left over from my DA for GC coilover sleeves

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Those mirrors are gonna look badass. I haven't seen anyone else with anything like that. Kinda reminds me of the old prelude mirrors.

Any idea how far you're going to mount them?

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
Those mirrors are gonna look badass. I haven't seen anyone else with anything like that. Kinda reminds me of the old prelude mirrors.

Any idea how far you're going to mount them?
ive seen several wagons in japan that have em and one or two in the states with one passenger fender mirror and one driver door mirror. and theyre from a jdm vigor (80s accord).

and what did you mean ? how far *up?