RIP Ryan Dunn

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Friends don't let Jackasses drive drunk.

The guy brought it on himself. And I don't understand why everyone mourns the death of somebody they never met. If I posted an obituary for Joe Smith from Backwoods, Missouri, would there really be two pages of people mourning his death......especially if he died because he was drunk, driving his Porsche GT3 fast enough that you can't even recognize it was a car?

It's said that a man died, but thousands of people die around the world everyday. Why is this guy anymore important?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

The guy brought it on himself. And I don't understand why everyone mourns the death of somebody they never met. If I posted an obituary for Joe Smith from Backwoods, Missouri, would there really be two pages of people mourning his death......especially if he died because he was drunk, driving his Porsche GT3 fast enough that you can't even recognize it was a car?

It's said that a man died, but thousands of people die around the world everyday. Why is this guy anymore important?
Because he's a celebrity, people know who he is, and many people loved his character. I agree he did bring it on himself though.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Autopsy is being performed, don't know yet if he was drunk or not.

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
people make mistakes. no one is perfect. we may not have known him personally, or even really met him for that matter. but, he still impacted a lot of people in his time; family, friends, and fans. no need to bash on someone's death, if people want to appreciate him and his work, i say let em, no one here needs judge. true, thousands die by the bottle and wheel, but how many of those have turned the injuries theyve induced in their lives into comedy for everyone to enjoy?? and then make millions off of them? none. i think that definitely deserves some appreciation.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ed[K*];3115878 said:
people make mistakes. no one is perfect. we may not have known him personally, or even really met him for that matter. but, he still impacted a lot of people in his time; family, friends, and fans. no need to bash on someone's death, if people want to appreciate him and his work, i say let em, no one here needs judge. true, thousands die by the bottle and wheel, but how many of those have turned the injuries theyve induced in their lives into comedy for everyone to enjoy?? and then make millions off of them? none. i think that definitely deserves some appreciation.
Show me where I bashed his death. I even said that it's sad that a man died.

And no, I don't think that a man who turns being an idiot into comedy means he deserves anymore appreciation than another man. He provided a couple laughs. He also ended somebody else's life in a car crash that was his fault. I fail to see how it's fair to compare that life that he ended, to a couple laughs because he's an idiot. Let's create a thread commemorating every single military personnel who dies in the several pointless wars our great country is in right now. These men get much less recognition than Ryan Dunn does, and they do much more for all of us in one day then Ryan Dunn ever did.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Autopsy is being performed, don't know yet if he was drunk or not.
EFF, the picture I posted on my FB yesterday morning was him intoxicated, that he posted on Twitter. It has been removed. I'm not exaggerating, he looked WASTED in the pic. I'm currently searching for it now. It was him, and 2 other fat dudes drinking w/ him.

I actually met all of them except Knoxville and Bam. Knoxville wasn't in town and Bam was surrounded but every year twice a year they come to STL to play/party w/ CKY(anyone oldskewl these guys knows who this is). Plus one of my friends used to snowboard w/ them and has pix of him at Bam's place and in CO.

It sucks it happened, but I honestly can say, even w/ me having met him, I don't feel bad.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Let's create a thread commemorating every single military personnel who dies in the several pointless wars our great country is in right now. These men get much less recognition than Ryan Dunn does, and they do much more for all of us in one day then Ryan Dunn ever did.
Bullsh*t. There is multiple HOLIDAYS observed for veterans and those whom have died in wars.

His death will be mourned for a week or 2 while it is front and center in the media. Soldiers will still continue to be observed till the world ends.

I don't even begin to say that his death was worth it, nor was it worth him taking another's life. But I am not so blind to even think that he is going to get even a fraction of the attention that our soldiers get.

People associate themselves with those they see on tv or in movies. Someone like Ryan Dunn whom was in multiple shows following him through years even decades of his life, it tends to give people a sense of "growing" with him. You see his friends, you see his family, you see his ups and downs. People start to associate with that and in turn get the sense of "knowing" him. Even though they have never met.

Yes, I mourn for our soldiers. I have family and friends that have died in wars going back to Vietnam. I also mourn Dunn. I feel for his family and loved ones. Even though you don't agree with what he did, doesn't mean that he wasn't someone's son, grandson, etc. I have a cousin that died from drug use. Because he was a drug addict, was our family not supposed to mourn his passing? Sometimes you have to act like you are somewhat human, even though it may hurt or you may not like it.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EFF, the picture I posted on my FB yesterday morning was him intoxicated, that he posted on Twitter. It has been removed. I'm not exaggerating, he looked WASTED in the pic. I'm currently searching for it now. It was him, and 2 other fat dudes drinking w/ him.

I actually met all of them except Knoxville and Bam. Knoxville wasn't in town and Bam was surrounded but every year twice a year they come to STL to play/party w/ CKY(anyone oldskewl these guys knows who this is). Plus one of my friends used to snowboard w/ them and has pix of him at Bam's place and in CO.

It sucks it happened, but I honestly can say, even w/ me having met him, I don't feel bad.
Here it is. The dude in the middle is the one that died with him.

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bullsh*t. There is multiple HOLIDAYS observed for veterans and those whom have died in wars.

His death will be mourned for a week or 2 while it is front and center in the media. Soldiers will still continue to be observed till the world ends.

I don't even begin to say that his death was worth it, nor was it worth him taking another's life. But I am not so blind to even think that he is going to get even a fraction of the attention that our soldiers get.

People associate themselves with those they see on tv or in movies. Someone like Ryan Dunn whom was in multiple shows following him through years even decades of his life, it tends to give people a sense of "growing" with him. You see his friends, you see his family, you see his ups and downs. People start to associate with that and in turn get the sense of "knowing" him. Even though they have never met.

Yes, I mourn for our soldiers. I have family and friends that have died in wars going back to Vietnam. I also mourn Dunn. I feel for his family and loved ones. Even though you don't agree with what he did, doesn't mean that he wasn't someone's son, grandson, etc. I have a cousin that died from drug use. Because he was a drug addict, was our family not supposed to mourn his passing? Sometimes you have to act like you are somewhat human, even though it may hurt or you may not like it.

yep. this guy gets it

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
On those holidays we recognize EVERY soldier, but we never recognize each individual soldier. Ryan Dunn is being recognized as Ryan Dunn. When a soldier dies, they get recognized as a number. That's it. Ryan Dunn is getting much more recognition for dying than each individual soldier gets.
People start to associate with that and in turn get the sense of "knowing" him.
You answered your own question. They have a SENSE of knowing him, but they didn't. They watched him on t.v. and in the movie theaters. They didn't know anything about him, other than how he earned his money. If I posted an obituary for someone you had never met, never heard of before.....would you mourn his or her death for a few weeks just as you will Ryan Dunn's? I would assume not, since you don't know the person.....yet you will continue to mourn the death of Ryan Dunn just because you saw his face before. Nobody that watched his movies "grew" with him, they simply watched three of his movies, and his t.v. series. I sincerely think that someone who is going to actually MOURN the death of a celebrity that they do not know is out of touch with reality. The reality of it is, you know just as much about Ryan Dunn as somebody who's never watched an episode of Jackass and never heard of Ryan Dunn.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ryan Dunn is being recognized as Ryan Dunn. When a soldier dies, they get recognized as a number. That's it. Ryan Dunn is getting much more recognition for dying than each individual soldier gets.
Exactly - because he's a celebrity. People know him, know who he was, knew his character. Media hypes it up, news spreads, and there you go. A soldier dies, a majority of people don't know him, don't know his personality, etc. This is why on a PERSON BY PERSON basis, Dunn will get more hype - people can relate to him and know about him.

But overall, soldiers get more recognition for who they are, what they've done, etc, in a generalized sense. It would be impossible to recognize every soldier who's died to the amount of hype that Dunn got.

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ryan Dunn died like he lived, with car parts in his anus.

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ watch the end of that video...THAT is whats really wrong in America my friends. people pillaging from the fcuking crash site to sell on ebay???? WTFFF doesnt surprise me though, iv lost all hope in people anyway. what a down right disgrace to themselves. the newscaster said it right, "thats just low! cmon people" what is wrong with you?!

yamaharider324

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ed[K*];3116197 said:
^ watch the end of that video...THAT is whats really wrong in America my friends. people pillaging from the fcuking crash site to sell on ebay???? WTFFF doesnt surprise me though, iv lost all hope in people anyway. what a down right disgrace to themselves. the newscaster said it right, "thats just low! cmon people" what is wrong with you?!
:word: how much of a f**king scumbag do you have to be to take pieces from something like that? That really does show how low some people are. Seeing Bam that devastated actually was pretty sad to watch.

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:word: how much of a f***ing scumbag do you have to be to take pieces from something like that? That really does show how low some people are. Seeing Bam that devastated actually was pretty sad to watch.
can you imagine the scumbag(s) that actually buy that crap??! :lol:

and true, bam was devastated..but to be honest a little over the top. like what was the whole deal about breaking the van widows and all that?? he stated that he hadnt even heard the news yet, that all he did was go bizerk for no reason and then he got the call about ryan. can someone clarify, please