steve jobs dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Those in this thread who put down one of the great technological leaders of our time are small-minded jealous losers who are destined to grow old in pathetic ignorance and who will accomplish during their lifetime not even a fraction of an iota of what Steve Jobs accomplished when he took the last breath of his great life.
Well put Ron.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
A great American died today whether you recognize it or not. It's a great loss and I won't suffer fools.
Please, define how a "great American" died today. What did he do that greatly helped America?

Decipher

Registered VIP
Please, define how a "great American" died today. What did he do that greatly helped America?
He brought us one step closer to the Technological Singularity which will most likely be the extinction of human kind as we know it(unless we are otherwise wiped from the universe in some natural extinction event). :thumbs up

RonJ

Banned
Do you read anything besides the back of cereal boxes and comic books? He was one of the most creative leaders of our time and an icon for American success. Do yourself a favor by taking some time from your superficial life to learn about him. He changed our world.

RonJ

Banned
He brought us one step closer to the Technological Singularity which will most likely be the extinction of human kind as we know it(unless we are otherwise wiped from the universe in some natural extinction event). :thumbs up
Your five-year old intellect has confused Steve Jobs with the eventual impact of your ignorance on mankind.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Just because you deify this person, doesn't mean he's great. Just because, from your perspective, he accomplished great things... means nothing. It's all relative. You have no idea in time what consequences his existence may have on the universe. Who are you to classify a human as great?

Don't f**king despise someone for not agreeing with your definition of relevance. Relax.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Do you read anything besides the back of cereal boxes and comic books? He was one of the most creative leaders of our time and an icon for American success. Do yourself a favor by taking some time from your superficial life to learn about him. He changed our world.
You've still yet to explain the significant importance that Steve Jobs has had in advancing and improving our society.

For the record, I'm not trying to be a d**k about his death. I've said it a million times over, it's always sad when a person dies. However, to call him a "great American" is a huge stretch. MLK, a great American. Most of our earlier presidents, great Americans. Our founding fathers, great Americans. Forrest Gump, a great American. Our soldiers, great Americans. Helped advance computer technology? Cool. That's great. Hardly a great American though.

Decipher

Registered VIP
I'm ignorant, yet only you reverted to belittling and calling people you actually interact with in real life "jealous losers" and "fools" over some guy you never met or knew, in some attempt to inflict insult. I'm afraid if any of us would ultimately doom mankind, it would be people like you who have lost touch with reality.

RonJ

Banned
You've still yet to explain the significant importance that Steve Jobs has had in advancing and improving our society.

For the record, I'm not trying to be a d**k about his death. I've said it a million times over, it's always sad when a person dies. However, to call him a "great American" is a huge stretch. MLK, a great American. Most of our earlier presidents, great Americans. Our founding fathers, great Americans. Forrest Gump, a great American. Our soldiers, great Americans. Helped advance computer technology? Cool. That's great. Hardly a great American though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs

Start here^

Your text book list of great Americans is nice but needs some dusting off and updating. Steve's a great American in modern times. Read about Steve's list of contributions and successes and think about their IMPACT not only on America but the World. When you come out of your dark and sheltered closet, where you apparently read dusty old text books under candlelight, the accomplishments of this modern great American will both enlighten and amaze you.

RonJ

Banned
I'm ignorant, yet only you reverted to belittling and calling people you actually interact with in real life "jealous losers" and "fools" over some guy you never met or knew, in some attempt to inflict insult. I'm afraid if any of us would ultimately doom mankind, it would be people like you who have lost touch with reality.
You mistake belittling with accurate description. The juvenile thoughts exposed in your writing speak volumes about your low mental age. You still have a chance to turn things around, but time is quickly running out for you.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
One of the first things that stuck out to me is that he was a con-man who tricked his friend for an extra $2,150.

At the time, Jobs told Wozniak that Atari had only given them $700 (instead of the actual $5,000) and that Wozniak's share was thus $350.

RonJ

Banned
One of the first things that stuck out to me is that he was a con-man who tricked his friend for an extra $2,150.
I think this simply reveals something about your personality. For Steve Jobs, you have decided to concentrate on petty negative points rather than acknowledge his Grand Canyon-sized accomplishments.

For example, if we closely scrutinized your list of great Americans (e.g., early Presidents or brave soldiers), would we find some flaws and blemishes that could change your view of their greatness? I think not. You are wearing blinders.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Because I simply cannot see what he has contributed to our present day society that is so great. And you, who are claiming so, have YET to list one simple thing he has done for us. All you're doing is pointing out flaws in those disagreeing with you. Way to successfully debate :roll:

Decipher

Registered VIP
You mistake belittling with accurate description. The juvenile thoughts exposed in your writing speak volumes about your low mental age. You still have a chance to turn things around, but time is quickly running out for you.
while we're accurately describing one another... you're a misguided, supercilious, pitiable creature, blinded by your own cognition and oblivious to your own potential.

The sad part is you're right. I have a lot of chances to change my thinking and I most likely will, often. You on the other hand sound like a d**k... that's harder to change.

RonJ

Banned
Because I simply cannot see what he has contributed to our present day society that is so great. And you, who are claiming so, have YET to list one simple thing he has done for us. All you're doing is pointing out flaws in those disagreeing with you. Way to successfully debate :roll:
I posted a link that lists his enormous modern contributions. So I now need to relist them and explain their importance for you? This makes it crystal clear to me that you know almost nothing about Steve Jobs, yet you come into this thread and say he's done nothing important. Educate yourself on the subject before posting your completely uninformed opinion. And when you've done some homework, hopefully not in a dark closet under candlelight, come back to this thread and make a feeble attempt to debate this topic from an informed perspective.

RonJ

Banned
while we're accurately describing one another... you're a misguided, supercilious, pitiable creature, blinded by your own cognition and oblivious to your own potential.

The sad part is you're right. I have a lot of chances to change my thinking and I most likely will, often. You on the other hand sound like a d**k... that's harder to change.
Did somebody visit their thesaurus tonight? Your high school English teacher would give you a D+ on your short essay and tell you that you have no future in thought or reason.

Though your self portrait in post #17 received a solid B- from the art teacher.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Those in this thread who put down one of the great technological leaders of our time are small-minded jealous losers who are destined to grow old in pathetic ignorance and who will accomplish during their lifetime not even a fraction of an iota of what Steve Jobs accomplished when he took the last breath of his great life.
Since you're not small-minded, not a loser(snickering), and not ignorant(more snickering), tell us what great things you've accomplished as a result of idolizing (and from the sound of it, masterbating to) "great" men and their "great lives."

Status
Not open for further replies.