Tailgating/Drafting/or simply being green...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I love how the OP thinks he has COMPLETE control of what happens around him on the road. You might think you're a defensive driver, but keep tailgating and "saving gas". We well see a "I totaled my car" thread sooner or later.

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Your basically relying your life on the car in front of you.
It's stupid.

Just because you have GREAT reaction time, doesn't mean the person in front of you does.
There is a main reason why, you have to stay behind a car at a certain length.
Because no matter, how late that person brakes, or how horrible a driver that person is, you hit him in the rear, your still at fault. (although it may seem like it isn't your fault, trust me it happens to the best of us) If you were far enough, you would have time to avoid and wouldn't have hit him. Get me?

Hell, I don't tail gate, and have great reaction time. But i still get near close calls with the stupid ass drivers in front of me, or turning in front of me. You have no control over anyone other than yourself.

Remind me to never visit Miami.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
...wow. this is the most rediculous thread i think i have ever read about

ive never wished harm on anyone, put i will PAY someone that you decided to tailgate LOTS of money to brakecheck your ass. then i PRAY that you total car, and it will be YOUR fault. trust me, your ticket wont say "suspect was drafting". it will say tailgating. and tailgating is a fine, and big one when you cause an accident. THEN i hope that you become paralyzed from the neck down that way there isnt a possible way for you to opersate a vehicle again. THEN i want the person whom brakechecked you to also be severly hurt, that way you live the rest of your miserable life knowing that you ruined someones elses....

now tell me that "drafting" and save $20 a year in gas is worth more than your ability to live

congrats bro, you just over took my crack-addicted neighbor as being the dumbest person i have ever talked too

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This thread f**king fails.

Following behind someone at 100+mph 2 feet behind their bumper is just asking for death to knock at your door. What if an animal pops out? What if you do it to someone who doesn't know you and they decide to slam on their brakes? What if it happens on a long bridge and you go off the side? What if your tire pops at those speeds? What if the person in front changes lanes at the last minute and you notice there's a car you're about to smash into? What if the car in front of you explodes or blows a headgasket and smoke pours out and you can't see s**t and crash at 100+mph?

Better yet... What if there's a cop? Or even better...you die?

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
OP is an idiot

/thread

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your car gets it's best mileage at around 60 mph anyways, just traveling at 80 diminishes your fuel economy.

A-2-B

Red+ Blue+ Flashing = Bad
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow just lock this stupid thread before we ruin everyones day. s**t man. lol

Newspeed

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All that comes to mind is "invincibilty complex". You rag on brakelights for being too young, when you are the immature one trying to copy your buddies from nascar on the open roads...Smart move. To think that you are that in control at those speeds and that close is simply shameful. You said at those speeds you dont even look behind you because you are that focused on the road ahead...now lets think about this for a second.... what if the scenerio behind you changes and there is a car in another lane coming up. If there is an emergency and you need to react you wont see any of this. so you save 80 cents on gas a week but you put YOU and EVERYONE else around you at risk.

Also you talk about treating the earth with respect so our kids and kids kids can enjoy it. I fully agree! BUT you have to be around long enough to have those kids! It takes one second, one unexpected event to change anything. Anyone who ever had an accident had a point like you where they were accident free. it takes a second

so really take a look at what you are trying to get us to buy into. And stop being so shocked when everyone tells you your point sucks.

And a big thanks...its people like you that raise everyone elses insurance rates

can i get a round of applause for the guy making responsible drivers pay more!

DRAFTING FTW!!!!

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if some one were (drafting) me i would slam on my brakes just to be a ass and when they run it to the back of me i would be getting a new car.

(rubbins racing)

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the sad thing about this is that it not only endangers the idiot who started this thread, but whoever is around him on the road

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why this wont work. everyone has different reaction times, no one drives the same, it will narrow how much more you can see infront of the other vehicle causin you not to know the dangers ahead, and the biggest reason would be.... THERE ARE TOO MANY DUMBASS DRIVERS!!!!!

If you really want to help the enviroment... ride a bicycle

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i cant believe this thread is still going on...what a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.