Tailgating/Drafting/or simply being green...

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-2-B

Red+ Blue+ Flashing = Bad
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well besides a possible 1000 people dying. the theory is right.. and with 1000 people dead.. thats less cars on the road. but yeah.. the thoery should never be done... imo

Rawkout

5+ Year Member
thanks but no thanks, i choose not crashing into the guy in front of me lol.:D

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i 'draft' on road trips all the time. in arizona there is no seperate speedlimit for trucks. so they all speed and i stay right behind them

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bro i am with you 100%! call me crazy but i average 150 miles a day for work!
a: instead of getting the usual 400 mpt, i get 550 to 600 mpt! (miles per tank)
b: Less wind buffing noise! Very quiet ride!

Now the trick is to choose who you draft behind carefully! Trucks traveling 75mph plus are great.
big breaks are a good idea for the occaisional idiot breakchecker!
ha ha ha great thread!
BS! theres no way in hell your getting 600 miles per tank just from riding someones ass. and maybe if you werent doing it you wouldnt have idiot brake checkers. id do it too if someone was that close to this isnt nascar dumb ass

civicturbo91

professional bitchslapper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
look this tread is retarded. You need to stop telling believe they are "stoopid" if they dont have the same views as you. hell, you cant spell stupid, your, or foul. so stfu. whether you know your limits or not the human body has its own reaction time and your brain has to prossess whats going on and tell your body to react then once you do something your car has to react as far as the brakes ingaging etc. whether your paying attention or not. i bet i could take your dale earnhardt jr. wanna be ass and put you on the drag strip and you couldnt launch a .500. then i'd laugh and say "you dont know your limits!" its about the human body and its reaction time. it takes .04 second for the human brain to process information.

if someone is 2 car lengths in front of you at 80mph and slam on brakes, you hit them. at that speed there is no time to swerve and your sure as hell not stopping fast enough because they hit the brakes before you.

im 17 yrs old and i have common sense which obviously you lack.

/thread

Nirinium

Fully built spoon motors!
5+ Year Member
Wow, you guys wanna ban me? May I at least know why? I think you guys resort to 'ban him, ban him' like a lil girl cause you lack argumentative skills. Dont be a sore looser. C'mmon and its not like I cant create another account. lol YOU guys twisted this. It was a mere theory presented I was defending my argument. And YOU odd-deeznuts, tried to insult me before I ever was disrespectfull to anyone.
:ban:

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just an example since you say 80 isnt fast. at night going 55 you are already over driving your headlights. if you cant figure it out that mean your driving fast enough if an animal or something runs in front of you even if its way up just where your headlights stop shining you wont have time to stop

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Idk man, the road here in miami are clean and flat (for most part). there are no animal at least on the hwys. Not that ive seen in my way... I guess here we go faster on the hwys and it's 'do-able'... idk.

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok lets be serious here. how are you going to feel when your "drafting" and you hit someone/swerve to miss someone and hit someone else and kill somebody? or maybe more than one person? how would you deal with that knowing that because of your stupidity and trying to save a little gas you just killed someone. and dont give me that im a good driver bullshit because the best drivers in the world WILL crash and i know for a fact that your not one of them.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
sometimes i throw cats at other cars on the freeway

they make funny sounds when they realize what's about to happen

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
it helps with my gas mileage and it makes a coded statement about global warming

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mythbusters had a episode on this theory. it saves gas by how many feet you are drafting behind. ex: 30%+mpg if your 12 ft away, 60%+mpg 5 ft away, 90%+mpg if your like 2 ft away. youtube it. which all translates to about 6-15 more mpg. which isnt enough to get killed over. i wouldnt wanna be so close anyways unless im passing.

ryanM

EDIT: ^^^^^ did you actually WATCH the episode? they got WORSE mileage when they were super close. it took too much throttle control which wasted gas. and they never got anywhere near 15mpg more, the gains were miniscule at best.

they actually tested this on mythbusters.

the car got like 1mpg more when it was drafting 6ft from a semi.

any closer than that and they would get worse gas mileage because of the constant changes in throttle to keep distance.

its not worth it. 6ft is still way too close

you never got 600 miles to a tank of gas in a 6th gen. especially not an SI. its never happened and it never will happen, sorry.

400 on the highway is believeable, i got 400 in my EX pretty regularly.

60-80mph is fast, i dont car what you think you can do. 60-80 in a straight line on the highway is one thing. do it on a racetrack and its a whole different story. i s**t bricks when i'm at the top of second and i'm supposed to initiate going that fast. its a lot different than driving on the highway. i know were talking about highway driving, but sometimes thats what it takes to realize how fast 60mph REALLY is when your NOT on an open road, and you actually have to try to meneuver a car going that fast. its not easy.

you are stupid.

bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.