What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That McD's reminds me of the CocaCola museum. Pretty cool, but also unsettling in a lot of ways haha.

I got a few minutes to swing by Cullman and see a car show today :D My favorite is the Pinto.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Diggin that truck

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just dropped my bike :cry:
That sucks man. I did that in the fall (totally my fault), but it landed on the frame slider and all was good.

That sucks... kick stand sink into the asphalt?
I keep a crushed aluminum can under my seat just in case I need to park on asphalt on a hot day.

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That sucks... kick stand sink into the asphalt?

Sent from my boujea ass phone
No, I'm just a moron. That parking spot is sloped just a little, and I parked facing downhill so that a little wind could push the bike forward and collapse the kickstand.

That sucks man. I did that in the fall (totally my fault), but it landed on the frame slider and all was good.

I keep a crushed aluminum can under my seat just in case I need to park on asphalt on a hot day.
I started looking at frame sliders or something for my bike, but everything seems geared toward street bikes, not cruisers :???:

And I'd never heard of pegs punching through asphalt, but now I'm worried haha.

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Woah, BooFoo deleted all his posts and account :???: That's a shame.

It's always a balance between being inviting and being efficient, I know that's gotten me into plenty of trouble with organizations in meatspace before as well.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yep. He asked Justin to be deleted from the site and have all posts removed.

There was a thread a while back where I asked to keep on topic (to everyone), in which he gave a sarcastic reply, so I simply deleted that post. Apparently that was enough to get him to bail, RonJ style.

Couldn't take the heat so he voluntatily left the kitchen. :what:

Shame because he was a real smart cookie.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yep. He asked Justin to be deleted from the site and have all posts removed.

There was a thread a while back where I asked to keep on topic (to everyone), in which he gave a sarcastic reply, so I simply deleted that post. Apparently that was enough to get him to bail, RonJ style.

Couldn't take the heat so he voluntatily left the kitchen. :what:

Shame because he was a real smart cookie.
Wait.. who?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wait.. who?
Boofoo. AKA RonJ #2.

Very odd similarities between them both:

1. Both PM'd Justin to have their accounts removed (even though we banned RJ)
2. Both from Houston TX area according to IP.
3. Both incredibly knowledgeable. Absolutely knew their way around these cars.
4. Both became condescending towards new members, if their initial post lacked content.

With Boofoo, #4 happened with a few threads in particular, this caused 3 issues. One, the OP would become defensive, which lead to asking BF to stay out of their thread. This basically caused the second issue, which diverted the thread way off-topic. Three, a couple times this would cause new users to abandon the site and seek help elsewhere. While it's not our job to baby every person and thread here, it's our job (well, us mods at least) to retain site traffic.

I actually wish Boofoo didn't leave, though. Lots of well details answers to questions posted by other users, now all deleted. Tech section surely to take a hit with him gone. Not only that, Boofoo was great at reporting double posts, threads in the wrong section, etc. We'd get reported posts almost daily from him! Pros of having him here very much outweighed the cons.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don’t know why boofoo just really isn’t ringing a bell. I’d probably recognize his avatar/signature but the name just isn’t clicking for some reason.

In other news my iPhone X got ran over by a fire truck. 300 dollar deductible later and I got my replacement today.

Funny enough, the phone was in an otter box case, laying face down. Zero damage to the rear glass, camera lens, or frame. Just shattered the screen and unfortunately damaged the LCD. So it would only turn to a strange colored screen and the touch function wouldn’t work at all.

Now I have to figure out how to wipe it clear so that I can send it into the insurance place.

Attachments

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don’t know why boofoo just really isn’t ringing a bell. I’d probably recognize his avatar/signature but the name just isn’t clicking for some reason.

In other news my iPhone X got ran over by a fire truck. 300 dollar deductible later and I got my replacement today.

Funny enough, the phone was in an otter box case, laying face down. Zero damage to the rear glass, camera lens, or frame. Just shattered the screen and unfortunately damaged the LCD. So it would only turn to a strange colored screen and the touch function wouldn’t work at all.

Now I have to figure out how to wipe it clear so that I can send it into the insurance place.
He had Stephen Colbert as his avatar. Rarely if ever posted OT, strictly tech threads.

Sucks about your phone but at least you got a replacement! I think you should be able to wipe it using iTunes. If not, an Apple store should be able to help. If you have it tied to iCloud, I also believe you can do a remote wipe on it.

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:x So it turns out Paypal doesn't respect the "default payment" option in your account.

It's been making transactions with prize winnings I had earmarked to donate to charity. I should have caught it, but I'm also unbelievably pissed that they would give me the option to choose where the money's coming from, and then just ignore it.

Astnbllr

Replaced my alternator in the parking lot of my sister's apartment complex.

Iwant to rip out every last wire in this car and replace it, along with most of the lines and hoses.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Looked at my EG, shrugged my shoulders walked past it and got in my dd and drove off happy as s**t not to be in that loud, rattle box, rough mount shaking, no traction having box 'o' lego parts car i have sitting there... but i love it and cant let go...

Sent from my boujea ass phone

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Replaced all 4 sway bar end links on the RSX last night. 2 of them were just dangling there. :lol:

Also, a Lambo crashed in Rochester last night. Took our a fire hydrant and then ran from the scene. Was spotted being picked up by another person in a grey Lambo. Almost certain I know the owner of the grey one.

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
... Was it stolen? Running away from a car that's registered to you doesn't sound like the most sensible plan.

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Run away, report stolen, hope no one can poke holes in your story.

...like seeing you run away and get into an identical car.
Happens, and actually the few I can think of have all been Murcie's
Ah, wow.

People, man, I tell ya.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ah, wow.

People, man, I tell ya.
Rich people*

Looking around for a gym close to home. I keep looking at planet fitness since they have a free guest pass. Weight is weight..